Monday, March 4, 2019

Knifty Knitter and Boye Round Knitting Looms

I watched a video today that compared Knifty Knitter circular knitting looms against Boye circular looms.  The video is very informative.

A little history on my circular knitting-I had every type of circular loom about 10 years ago, and still have my sock looms. I had switched over to circular needles for quite some time, and don't have any circular looms right at this minute.

I have been making flowers with flower looms, and actually used a potholder loom to make a very large square flower design.  I also decided I would try some circular looms for larger flowers, and found some second-hand Boye looms on Ebay, which should be arriving today.

In the meantime, I watched the video above and figured I would end up looking for Knifty Knitter looms because of the complaint about the peg scoop at the top being a little frustrating.  But , then I remembered why I am actually using them, and the scoop is an asset, and the fact that the pegs come out is also an asset. I can remove pegs to make different shape flowers.

So, in my case, the Boye looms are better for my use. This ties in with my preferring the vintage Boye Interchangeable needles over modern sets. People may complain that the needle tips loosen, but that hasn't happened to me but once, and the thicker, old, cables keep the stitches more consistent that skinny needle cables.



No comments:

Post a Comment